We have a few fair use terms regulating the use of our services for the benefit of every customer we
serve. You must follow them because they enable us to provide the best experience for everyone. We
have made it extremely easy to understand therefore, there is no excuse
for not taking a moment and
looking at it.
Failing to follow any of these terms or engaging in any of the activities prohibited by this policy, your services or account may get suspended, (rate) limited, or terminated without prior warning. This document is legally binding, therefore, you should read it in full because it is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with SimpliServers.
Last Revision: 19th September 2021
Latest change: We have structurally rewritten the AUP so that it is easier to understand.
We've included brief snippets to assist you to understand what each section is about because no one loves reading this stuff. Even if this is only a remark, you should still read the entire article because the Terms are legally binding and these snippets should only serve as an assistance.
What AUP is & Why we have it.
SimpliServers' Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") is designed to help protect SimpliServers, SimpliServers' customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal or questionable activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by SimpliServers. SimpliServers reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time by alerting their customers through at least one (1) communication channel. We do our best to respect the Law of the Land when it comes to content hosted within our services. If you have questions about our policies, feel free to contact our support team. Executing any type of abuse mentioned in this article voids your eligibility for a refund.
Please do not do anything that will get your in trouble. Failing to do so will get your account restricted and case might get reffered to local authorities. Also includes explanations on which events & description of actions we deem to be abusive.2.1 Resource Abuse
Resource abuse consists of any intentional or/and unintentional activity that consumes sufficient system resources, which may impact our hardware or other clients on the node. This type of abuse is only regulated on shared hosting plans. Those include all Web Hosting and VPS Hosting services. Resources abuse is defined by, but not limited to:
- Intense vCPU usage of over 80% of allocated resources over a time period of 120 minutes VPS & Web Hosting systems.
- High disk I/O usage of 300 MB/s and 1000 IOPS or higher over 120 minutes on all shared hosting services
If those limits are regularly surpassed, we will enforce a 75% hard-limit on your server, in efforts to guarantee an adequate experience to every customer on our platform.
2.2 Malicious Content
Malicious content is any file or content producted with intentions to cause harm. This includes but is not limited to;
- Any code, script, program or else that is capable of performing harmful action to either customer on our platform or other systems are not allowed.
- Any content that violates laws of your country, laws of countries where the content is served or laws of the country where your server is hosted are not allowed to be hosted on our platform. We do not allow pornographic, defamatory, or fraud content.
Knowingly or repeatedly hosting such malicious content will result in a permanent ban from our platform, without any options to appeal. You must respect AUP from our providers. If you are unsure about any content you plan to host, please contact us before ordering service or hosting it with us.
2.3 Unsolicited Communications
We do not allow any kind of unsolicited information or/and content or/and communication to be sent
from our networks if you do not have consent from the recipient.
Knowingly or/and repeatedly performing unsolicited communication will result in a permanent ban from our platform, without any options to appeal or request a refund.
We are informing you what actions we will take if we were to detect abuse originating from services you own.
We reserve the right to reboot, shut down, suspend, or terminate any service found in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.
We believe in second opportunities. Upon detected or receiving abuse complaint, you receive a warning to which you have 24 hours to respond. If no response is received we will suspend your server until the resolution of the abuse report. If the response is provided, your server will remain offline until our final justification.
After the report is closed we deserve a right to unsuspend your server, terminate it, or in rare cases remove all services from our platform and terminate your client account.
If we do not receive a response to a complaint or internal abuse resolution request within 14 days the service will expire and be deleted without chance to recover any data.
Why we cannot allow hosting of commercial VPN services or TOR related networks.4.1 TOR Networks
While we are supporters of Freedom of Speech and Anti Censorship, due to hosting policies from our providers we cannot allow any TOR networks to be hosted on our network. That includes Exit, Bridge or Relay nodes.
If we detect TOR patterns originating from your server(s) on our nodes, we will suspend your server, as this may be a violation of our provider's policies.
4.2 VPN Networks
We allow you to host as well as take advantage of our VPN installation templates to host private VPNs, used for personal use.
You may not host public, shared, commercial or paid VPNs on our platform. Accounts hosting such services will be immediately suspended.
You may not use our server host VPN servers that access TOR networks (Onion routing VPNs) or are used for other malicious activities.
4.3 Miscellaneous Prohibited Uses
- Sending DoS/DDoS attacks is strictly prohibited.
- Network booters, stressors, or other websites that promote illegal or questionable activities are strictly prohibited.
- Spoofing IP addresses is strictly prohibited.
- Botnets are strictly prohibited.
- IP/port scanning of local, SimpliServers's and foreign networks is strictly prohibited.
- Manually changing MAC addresses
- Use of fake source IPs is strictly prohibited
- Cryptomining or other high intensive activities are strictly prohibited
What else we do not allow on our servers.
Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email (limit 200 per hour for all emails) or newletters, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks is not allowed.
Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
Making unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
Efforts of trying to obtain or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment are not allowed.
You may not gain unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any SimpliServers customers or end-users by any means or device.
Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the SimpliServers network or another provider's network are also not allowed.
You may not use SimpliServers's Services to interfere with the use of the SimpliServers network by other customers or authorized users.
We do not allow content linked to below categories to be served on our networks:
- Pornographic and vulgar erotic services and products, audiovisual products, channels, and publications, aphrodisiacs
- Gambling, gambling devices, and accessories, lotteries
- Illegal drugs (selling, displaying, or advertising Illegal drugs, as defined by applicable law, as well as drug-related accessories, or drug test tools.)
- Selling or dealing with weapons of all types (including daggers, firearms and accessories, replica weapons, ammunition, and explosives); military or police equipment;
- Illegally obtained proceeds or properties as a result of crime
- Poisonous or hazardous chemicals
- Anaesthetic, psychotropic or prescription medicine; illegal unregistered medicines
- Hacking services or accessories
- Malware (including the software used to disrupt computer or mobile operations, gather sensitive information, gain access to private computer systems, or display unwanted advertising)
- Illegal publication of certificates or carving of stamps (e.g. forged driving license, fake stamps)
- Video chat services that involve pornographic or vulgar content
- Espionage equipment and accessories
- Illegal sale of financial information (e.g. bank accounts, bank cards)
- Counterfeit or replica food products
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Human organs
- Surrogacy services
- Services to facilitate plagiarism and examination fraud
- Protected species
- Smuggled goods
- Sales or distribution of event tickets without a license (e.g. Olympic Games or World Expo tickets)
- Sale of animals, plants, or products with contagious and hazardous diseases, or originating from areas declared with an epidemic outbreak of contagious diseases
- Software or services that may otherwise jeopardize the reputation or goodwill of SimpliServers and its affiliates
You may not resell our services without our permission.
You may not cause harm or affect other users on our platform.
We will respond and forward all legal orders to respective organs and law enforcement.
We may refuse to host your content if we deem, that it will be used for any of the prohibited purposes.